Become a Contributor
GloboLoko is an online platform where the best travel content creators share their personal travel experiences, insights and highlights. We are on a mission to connect travellers with their destination and inspire them to find authentic travel experiences. Just as a traveller would talk to locals and other travellers to discover new things about their destination, we want to be there to share our insights with travellers at every stage of their journey.
Our content is targeted to travellers from all ages, backgrounds and walks of life, but with one thing in common; they are curious about the world, want to immerse themselves in local life and look for an authentic experience while travelling.
What is our content strategy?
We are a bit of a mix between a social platform, magazine and blog, taking the best out of each of these.
Social platform (e.g. TripAdvisor)
We are a community of travelers and locals sharing our travel experiences, insights and highlights, but we are not a platform where everyone can post anything. We are selective about who can become a contributor and also set quality standards for our content. In this way, we still benefit from the insights and unique perspectives of the community, while also publishing high quality, in-depth content.
Magazine (e.g. Lonely Planet)
Providing high-quality content to our readers is of paramount importance. That’s why at GloboLoko, the best travel writers, photographers and editors collaborate to create top-notch travel guides, stories, tips and reviews. An editor will check all content, and we also invite photographers to contribute their imagery. But our content strategy is more bottom-up than top-down. We rely on our network of contributors to identify travel trends and share their vision about travel. Since we do not have a marketing team in charge of our content strategy, our content is more personal than commercial.
Blog (e.g. Nomadic Matt)
We are looking for great personalities to join our contributor team. Content creators who know who they are and what they stand for. But some things are better done together rather than alone. We are a meta blogging website with benefits of economies of scale. We focus on monetizing the travel content, providing price comparisons and distributing the content across social and the web. In this way we can all focus on what we do best.
What kind of content are we looking for?
We are currently looking for submissions in the following categories:
Travel Guides & Stories – Various types of travel guides & stories like destinations features, special interest articles, round ups and more.
Travel Tips – A self-publishing section on the GloboLoko website where contributors share tips and advice about the best sights & attractions, food & drinks experiences and places to stay.
Check out the Contributor Guidelines for more information about the content we are looking for.
Benefits for Contributors
Writers and Photographers get author credits when their content is published, which includes author bio, profile picture, and web/social links. Great for increasing your online visibility and link building.
Through GloboLoko you can share your travel ideas and insights with a large group of travellers. Let us be your platform to get your content to the right audience.
Collaborate and Learn
No man or woman is an island. At GloboLoko you collaborate with other great content creators to create high quality pieces of content together. All contributions are edited and you will receive feedback for improvements. That’s not only fun but also a great way to learn from each other.
GloboLoko monetizes the travel content by displaying advertisements and connecting the content to online booking options. We will share these advertising and affiliate marketing revenues with the contributors.
There is a benefit of joining us early on. For the first group of contributors, we calculate a commission per article based on 75% of our total online advertising and affiliate marketing revenues. Each Contributor shares in the commission per article based on the following percentages.
* The division between the Photography and Text part is based on the ratio between Photographs and Text, where one image is equal to 100 words. Example: an article with 1,500 words and 10 images will have a Photography part of (10*100)/((10*100)+1,500) = 1,000 / 2,500 = 40% and a Text part of 1,500 / ((10*100)+1,500) = 1,500 / 2,500 = 60%.
Curious about how to contribute? First apply to become part of our contributor team here.
- Each piece of content starts with a content pitch. You can pitch your content idea by submitting a completed Pitch Template. We also prepare Calls for Proposals for specific topics that we want to cover and for Reviews for specific Travel Tips.
- Pitches are reviewed based on their content quality and relevance and we either approve or deny the pitch. If your pitch is approved, you can start to prepare the content.
- When the first draft is ready, an editor is linked to the article. The editor starts a feedback loop with the Writer and checks the draft for grammar, spelling and content quality.
- (Optional) If the article needs more images, the Editor prepares a Call for Proposals for Photographers.
- When the editor has completed his or her edits, GloboLoko publishes the article and distributes it. We typically publish articles within one month.
- GloboLoko prepares Calls for Proposals for Travel Guides & Stories that need images or for Travel Tips Image Galleries. You can pitch your images by submitting a completed Pitch Template.
- Pitches are reviewed based on their content quality and relevance and we either approve or deny the pitch. If your pitch is approved, you can complete the caption and alt tag.
- The Editor may ask you to make adjustments to the image or caption.
- When the editor has completed his or her edits, GloboLoko publishes the Travel Guide or Story or adds the image to the Image Gallery.
- Editors self-select the travel content to work on.
- The editor checks the draft submission for grammar, spelling and content quality. The editor can also request more information or clarifications to the other contributors.
- After completing the editing, the Editor notifies GloboLoko that the travel content is ready to be published.
Who are we looking for?
We welcome all writers, photographers and editors to become part of the contributor team. Whether you are a first-time blogger or seasoned travel photographer, we would love to hear from you. It’s great if you want to contribute regularly, but one-time submissions are also accepted.
Anyone with good editing skills can also become part of the contributor team as an editor. Editors must have a great command of English and have some experience in SEO editing, or willing to further develop those skills.
You can apply to become part of the contributor team by filling in the form below. For questions, please use our contact form.